Winter in Oz
A Message from the Chairman-Voodoo Event Update
I want to express my profound gratitude to all of our members that made the Second Pride Voodoo Halloween Festival such a huge success!
A huge Thank You to: DJ Ari, DJ Apollo, DJ Junior, DJ Nicco and DJ TarZanTom. Without your talents this event would not have happened.
A Very special Thank You to “Madam Mr.” Secretary Mikey for hosting not 1, but 4 DJ’s yesterday.
Thank you to our acting Security Director, Tootsie and her amazing team Levi and KIT. You 3 rock!
A big Thank You to Lee McKay for helping us get the word out via: second-pride.com
Last, but certainly not least, Jak Calcutt! You transformed the SP region into a wonderfully spooky place that I think everyone enjoyed.
In total we raised 24,290L$!!
Once again, Thank You all!
Second Pride Chairman
Voodoo – A Second Pride Halloween – October 28th, 2017
The DJ’s are lined up! The sim is looking spooktacular! It’s time to get some tricks and treats.
Join us for the annual Halloween Party sponsored by Second Pride. The festivites begin at noon SLT and run through midnight. Some of the hottest DJ’s on the grid will be there spinning the tunes and keeping you moving. Check out the fun house! the rides and the big top!
Check out the events calendar for the lineup!
Expectations and Reality
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Rez StarFall (DJRez Cyberstar) and I am the new and current Chairman of the Board for Second Pride. I am a DJ and a clothing designer. I have been a supporter of Second Pride for as long as I can remember…some years as just a DJ and at others a sponsor and/or vendor.
I ran for the Chairman position with one goal in mind. To make Second Pride the best it can be. I want to make sure that our members feel comfortable with each other and themselves. All of us on the Board have that desire. That is my expectation. The reality is in your hands. Our members make us better than we can be alone.
We are currently looking to fill the open positions on the board on an interim basis, so if you or anyone you know would be interested, please let one of the board members know. A huge THANK YOU to the former board members that have stepped up to help the current board through the transition as acting board members.
Current Board Members:
Rez Starfall – Chairman
Mikey – Secretary
Lee McKay – IT Director
To be filled:
Build Director – Open (Acting Build Director – Jak Calcutt)
Treasurer – Open (Acting Treasurer – Lledge Eames)
Security Director – Open (Acting Security Director – Tootsie Nootan)
Marketing Director – Currently open
Community Relations Director – Currently open
Events Director – Open
Your help in spreading the word is most appreciated!
Second Pride Chairman
Second Pride Elections – 2017
Call for candidates and procedures
Description of open Directors positions
Be part of making Second Pride 2018 Happen! Run for the Board!
The elections for the Board of Directors are here! We are now accepting candidates for every position for the 2017/2019 terms. This is a great opportunity to make a difference and be a part of the largest and most diverse LGBTQ event on the grid. Over the Past 11 years, Second Pride has been there – bringing LGBTQ people together from all over the world and all over the grid – lesbians, gays, transgender, bisexuals and allies. In 10 days of celebrating, we meet people we wouldn’t otherwise. We remember where we have come from and also the struggles we have in common. In doing so, Second Pride has generated millions of lindens in donations to diverse LGBTQ groups around the world.
Have you enjoyed Second Pride? Have you thought it needed to be made better? Do you want to make a difference? We need your energy, ideas and hard work. Declare your candidacy for an open position and become a part of moving Second Pride forward.
- Candidate statements are being taken online August 7th through Midnight August 19th. Submit a brief statement declaring your interest in the position, the skills you will bring to the job and why you want to be elected. All Candidate submissions should be submitted using this form for posting on the website. If you have any questions about the procedures or positions contact Lledge Eames or Viktor Sandman in world.
- Comment sections will be open for candidate question and answer from August 20th through August 26th.
- Elections take place from August 27th through midnight September 2nd. To vote in the elections, you must be a current member of the Second Pride group. Membership to the group is closed at this time until after the voting is complete. Voting will be done on the Second Pride sim, and will require your SP group tag to do so.
- Results will be announced no later than September 6th, following certification by the election committee.
- The new board will be installed on September 9th.
The Open Director Positions are as follows:
For full two year terms (2017 through 2019)
- Chair – Lead the board; facilitate meetings; initiate special elections
- Secretary – Maintain Records; post minutes; act as Chairman in his/her absence
- Events Director – In charge of Second Pride events; attracting and managing DJ’s and events that reflect our diverse membership
- Marketing Director – Promote Second Pride and SP events in world – with partners and via Social media
- Treasurer – Develop Budget; Financial reports to membership; Audit books; oversee expenses. The Treasurer should be familiar with downloading spreadsheets from the account summary information maintained by Linden Labs; the Treasurer should be familiar with multiple spreadsheet formulas and accounting.
- Security Director – Responsible for the ongoing security of the Sim, and creating a team to ensure the security of all Second Pride events
- Community Relations Director – Develop partnerships with In-world and out of world organizations that benefit the SL LGTB community; administer elections; promote the mission of SP
- Building Director – Building and improving the Second Pride Sim so that it is a resource for year round use; responsible for the festival builds; making sure that all permanent features or builds are owned by the second pride avatar
- IT Director – Develop, improve and expand the website and other online communications tools; in cooperation with others, administer elections
Thank you for an amazing 2017 Second Pride Festival!
As the sun sets on yet another wildly successful and my last Second Pride Festival season. I’d like to take a moment to say some thank yous. I am so grateful for this years outpouring of participation not to mention I had the pleasure of working with some of the most amazing talents from across the grid.
Our 2016 – 2017 Second Pride Board. Jak Calcut with his outstanding builds and designs, creating a feast for our eyes, Marge B for her behind the scenes accounting, Tootsie Nootan and her security team (Levi & Kit) keeping us all safe, and Viktor Sandman for all his patience scheduling and wrangling our performers. To our Volunteers. Kahvy & Garrett Smith for undertaking and creating some fantastic social media buzz along with all those bloggers. Lee McKay and his webmaster skills that put us back online.
Our 2017 Sponsors: Bock McMillian, DNL Menswear, City of Central Kasra, TRC, Evan Greymyst, Rust Redfield & Alex Thaub, UnKindness, The Land of Rainbows, Chaos & Rod Jackson, City Of Varn, Ultra Event, 3Bears, GayList, Rock-Hard Club, [Heathens], Zac, Gay Fun Wolrd, and Gay Men’s Cove.
Our 2017 Vendors: DMG Clothing, Cocoa Bay, Wet Dreams, DJ /SF, City of Central Kasra, The Artist Shed, DNL Menswear, HD Designs / Ravenheart Designs, Cyberserenty, Lapointe & Bastchild Designs, Vanbeeck’s, Empire of Romanum, Mind Calberg, [SM]art, ::::boyberry::::, *PosESioN*, Redangel Designs, Aurora’s Closet, On The Surface, Regimade, Lilliput for Tinies Trimmer Bay, Sources, Land of Rainbows, Greymyst Properties, RJD & Mickey, TLC Home Collections, Jackhammer Gear, RNR, N4RS, oYo Breedables, RGDW Couture, Gabriel, E.V.E. xk Designs, *Power Design*, Consignment, Freya’s Fashions, Apple Fall, InZane Designs, Cox Leather, Rainbow Sails Yacht Club, Sebasten Strings, and DUFAUX
Our 2017 Performers (DJs, Hosts, Singers): DJ Thorn, Esme, DJ Shepherd, Larz, Dj Regi Yifu, Ty Yifu, Dj Dillion, Justin Arabello, DJ TarzanTom, Arnold Maxiumus, DJ Cupid, The Smith Boys, DJ Viktor, Mikey, DJ Rez Starfall, DJ Scary Jester, Boo, MikeyBear, Honnie De Morte, DJ Kess Crystal , Divos Titanium, DJ McKay, Dj Tybalt, DJ Zann Baxton, Caitlin Mirabella, DJ David, Franny DJ Jean, DJ Ralphy, DJ Ez, Kaiden Winters, DJ Choas, Tacet, DJ LLedge, Novs, DJ Lemon, Wuffy, DJ Tony, DJ HD, Joe Lycomedes, DJ Hobbit, Vocalist Samm Qendra, DJ TomTom, DJ Remcos, Tommy, DJ Guy Harley Cent Harley, Noxy, DJ Helene, RockJ, Vocalist Reallymad, DJ TIna, Jimmmmmy, DJ Justin, EG Rodenberger, DJ Ari, Jacki Jayaram-Maximus, DJ Buck, Joseph Nussbaum, DJ Crixus, DJ Kimmy, Tal Buck Daystar, Dj Cato, Joyce Redrose, JK, DJ Karson, Dj Bruno, Kris Fawkes Quaren, and Dj Karl
Special thanks to GaliGear for providing our 2017 Festival T-shifts and my husband Oberon Eames for putting up with the craziness that comes with being Chairman of Second Pride.
And last but not least EVERYONE that attended. Without you, our community, we could not have such a successful 2017 Festival Season. It is after all about community and creating this space where we can share and celebrate our Pride.
On more than one occasion I was greeted by complete strangers and then thanked for providing them with such a true and wonderful pride experience. It was comments like that and many more that told me we had hit our mark. I can’t begin to thank this team enough. You ALL really outdid yourself and should be proud of all you accomplished.
As I mentioned earlier this is my last year as Chairman. It has been such an honor to be involved in this organization. As much as I am ready to step down, I will miss it and all the nuances. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to bring my hope and joy to you all through this wonderful outlet.
Chairman Second Pride 2016-2017